1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Join a master sushi chef in Tokyo for a to take a private sushi-making lesson, learning at a renowned Tsukiji restaurant that has been operating for more than 90 years! Wearing an authentic chef's uniform, step behind the sushi counter to follow your chef-instructor's directions for making the perfect sushi rolls. Hear the secrets to great sushi translated by a fluent guide, then savor your creations for lunch (in addition to a couple of special rolls fashioned by the master chef). Bonus: take home your chef's uniform and a few extra souvenirs.
- Private sushi-making lesson in Tokyo's Tsukiji district
- Learn the secrets to making authentic Japanese sushi from a master chef
- Savor your sushi creations for lunch
- Includes hotel pickup and translation by a professional guide
- Impress friends back home with your sushi skills and chef's uniform souvenir
Saved to wishlist!
One non-alcoholic drink
Souvenir chef's paper uniform, fan, teacup and group photo
One-way subway transport to the restaurant
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Our guide will pick you up at the hotel lobby. The pick-up time will be notified to you once you confirm your booking.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please note: This cooking class uses raw seafood
- Please advise of any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all participants
- Children under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by an adult
- For safety reasons, children between the ages of 5-7 are not allowed behind the sushi counter. Instead, you will be able to enjoy making sushi in front of the counter where there is more space
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Mina Japan
You can cancel up to 4 days in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 4 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Tour: VIP Tsukiji Sushi Lesson with a Master Chef
1 hour 30 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
5 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursUnique ExperiencesRail ToursCity ToursCooking ClassesMarketsClasses & WorkshopsDay Trips & ExcursionsFood, Wine & NightlifeTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesTokyoFood Tours - KantoUnique Experiences - KantoRail Tours - KantoCity Tours - KantoCooking Classes - KantoMarkets - KantoFood Tours - MusashinoUnique Experiences - MusashinoRail Tours - MusashinoCity Tours - MusashinoCooking Classes - MusashinoMarkets - MusashinoFood Tours - KawasakiUnique Experiences - KawasakiRail Tours - KawasakiCity Tours - KawasakiCooking Classes - KawasakiMarkets - KawasakiCategory
Hakone Open-Air MuseumNamjatownGhibli MuseumTokyo SkytreeEdo-Tokyo MuseumEdo Wonderland (Nikko Edomura)Hanazono Shrine (Hanazono Jinja)Kappabashi (Kitchen Town)Mt. Takao Cable CarOwakudaniNational Art Center Tokyo (NACT)Madame Tussauds TokyoRoppongi Kaguwa Japanese Dance CabaretKasai Rinkai ParkMuseum of Contemporary Art Tokyo (MOT)Rikugien GardenThunder Gate (Kaminarimon)Beni Fuji no Yu OnsenInokashira ParkDaibutsu (Great Buddha of Kamakura)