Explore our promoted experiences
- Private tour of the Santa Barbara coastline by kayak
- Choose from three different kayak rides with vistas of Santa Barbara and the Santa Ynez Mountains
- Spot seals and dolphins in the sapphire-blue waters
- Suitable for beginners as well as more advanced kayakers
- Private tour provides a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
You'll meet your guide on the sand of West Beach just north of the pier! You'll see our gear directly across from the Harbor View Inn Hotel.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Slip on the provided life jacket (and wetsuit if it’s chilly), then climb into your stable, top-of-the-line vessel and set off on your 1.5- to 2.5-hour private kayak tour of the Santa Barbara coastline. Choose from four different routes of varying duration and difficulty (see options in Itinerary below); your very own guide will tailor the speed of paddling to your preferences and customize commentary according to your interests.
You’ll appreciate the natural beauty of Santa Barbara from the water, including cliffside vistas and views of the Santa Ynez Mountains as your informative guide details Santa Barbara's history and attractions.
When your kayak tour is complete, each route loops back to its departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You will be meeting your guide at West Beach which is located on the beach directly across from the Harbor View Inn Hotel (28 W Cabrillo Blvd, Santa Barbara). You will see our blue rental flags, white equipment shed, and stand up paddle boards and kayaks.
- Children ages 5 to 11 years must be in a tandem kayak with an parent or guardian regardless of skill level
- All persons must be able to swim
- Please remember to bring your swimsuit and towel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Cal Coast Adventures
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- "It's our first time here in Santa Barbara and the kayak tour is highly recommended." See review