Are you interested in?
13 Tours & Activities
Catalina Island Day Trips (and other fun Things to Do)
8 Tours & Activities
4 Tours & Activities
2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Experience the thrill of soaring 600 feet above sea level, across multiple high-speed ziplines on this incredible Catalina Island zipline eco-tour. After a safety briefing and equipment fitting, cruise along 1,100 lineal feet of line (335 meters)—close to three-quarters of a mile—and fly some 300 feet (91 meters) above scenic canyon floors. Daredevils and thrill-seekers will love reaching speeds of 40 miles per hour as they take flight on this epic adventure.
- Shoot across ziplines on Catalina Island on an exciting adventure
- Enjoy the thrill of soaring above the treetops
- Learn about the surrounding area's ecology and wildlife from guides at stations along the way
- Choose the best departure time for your schedule
- All safety equipment included in tour
Saved to wishlist!
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointDescanso Beach Club, 1 St Catherine Way, Avalon, CA 90704, USA
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Your tour is not confirmed with the local operator until you call the number located on your voucher to provide your voucher information and schedule your tour time. See voucher for details
- Weight Requirements:
- All participants will be weighed in, fully clothed, during the check-in process before each tour. Participants must weigh between 80 lbs - 240 lbs. (Participants must weigh between 80 lbs – 230 lbs for Twilight or Night Zip Tours.) Those unable to meet this requirement at the time of tour check-in will not be permitted to zip and will not be offered a refund or rescheduled. Tandem weight requirements are explained in the following topic.
- Age / Tandem Requirements:
- Participants at least 10 years of age weighing at least 80 lbs may ride solo. Those weighing less than 80 lbs must ride tandem with another participant of the tour. Children between the ages of 5-9 must ride tandem with another participant at least 18 years of age who will act as the child’s guardian for the length of the tour. Combined weight of tandem riders may not exceed 235 lbs. (Combined weight of tandem riders may not exceed 225 lbs for Twilight or Night Zip Tours.) Participants may not ride tandem with tour guides. Children under the age of 5 are too young to participate. Those unable to meet the age or combined weight requirements will not be permitted to zip and will not be offered a refund or rescheduled.
- Footwear Requirements:
- Securable, close-toed shoes are required. Athletic shoes are recommended. We do offer a limited number of shoes to rent if proper footwear is unavailable otherwise.
- Appropriate Gear:
- No participant on the tour is permitted to use any other gear (helmet, harness, trolley, etc.) beside that which is provided by the Zipline Staff at the outset of the tour.
- Other Requirements:
- Long shorts or pants are suggested. Skirts, belly shirts and bathing suits will not be permitted. Please remove dangling earrings. Participants with long hair must secure hair back with a hair tie or similar accessory. We will not be held responsible for any lost or damaged belongings. Please store any and all unnecessary items in lockers provided during tour check-in.
- Health Requirements:
- All participants on tour are required to hike short distances, ascend and descend stairs, need to be of average mobility and strength, and in reasonably good health. We do not recommend participation with preexisting injuries, back, neck, or heart issues. Please consult your doctor if you are unsure whether this activity is suitable for you. If questions still remain, please speak to one of our representatives before booking your Zipline Tour. If upon arrival it is made clear to the Zipline staff that you are not of adequate mobility, strength, or health, for your safety we do reserve the right to refuse your participation on the tour. Because of the potential health and safety risk to the baby, pregnant guests will not be permitted to participate.
- Refunds / Rescheduling:
- We have a strict 24 hour cancellation policy. Tour refund or rescheduling options will only be offered until 24 hours before a tour reservation. No refunds or rescheduling will be permitted afterwards. Late arrivals, no shows, and those not meeting tour requirements during tour check-in will not be refunded or rescheduled. Please review all tour requirements and plan your day and travel arrangements accordingly.
- Weather Cancellations:
- We will not cancel tours due to cold or mildly rainy weather. Zipline management may cancel tours because of unsafe weather conditions such as heavy winds, heavy rains, and/or potential thunderstorms. If tours have been canceled by management because of unsafe weather conditions tickets will be refunded or rescheduled for a later time.
- Release of Liability:
- All participants are required to sign an acknowledgement of risk and release of liability waiver during the check-in process 20 minutes before a scheduled tour. Participants under the age of 18 must have a legal guardian sign for them at this time. Without parental consent and signature, minors will not be permitted on tour and will not be refunded or rescheduled.
- Misbehavior / Vulgarity / Alcohol / Drugs:
- Zipline staff is in no way obligated to begin or complete a tour for a participant or group that appears to be impaired, ignoring staff instructions, or that is found in any way to be endangering the safety of themselves, others or the course environment. Such participants and/or those found disturbing the peace of other guests with profanity, vulgarity or otherwise will be kindly evacuated from the course and not allowed to continue the tour. Refunds or rescheduling will not be offered in either of these situations. Smoking is not allowed while on the tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Santa Catalina Island Company
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Catalina Island Zip Line Eco Tour?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Catalina Island Zip Line Eco Tour?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Catalina Island Zip Line Eco Tour?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Catalina Island Zip Line Eco Tour?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
What is the maximum group size during Catalina Island Zip Line Eco Tour?
This activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers.
See all safety measures taken by Catalina Island Zip Line Eco Tour.
See all safety measures taken by Catalina Island Zip Line Eco Tour.
Product code: 13327P2
Explore Similar Things to Do
ExtremeZipliningWalking & Biking ToursOutdoor ActivitiesCatalina IslandExtreme - CaliforniaZiplining - CaliforniaCategory