4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
When your cruise ship docks in Amsterdam, set off from port with your very own guide to discover the city like a local. On this private, 4-hour shore excursion, you'll explore Albert Cuyp street market, the Museum District and the Jordaan district, whose jumbled streets are laced with cafes, galleries and quirky shops. Learn about life in the liberal capital; try a typical Dutch snack in Leidseplein and visit the Houseboat Museum to learn about the city’s houseboat culture.
- Private Amsterdam shore excursion
- See the city like a local on a 4-hour walking tour led by an expert guide
- Get a glimpse into Amsterdam's houseboat culture at the Houseboat Museum
- Walk through the Museum District, home to the Van Gogh Museum and Rjiksmuseum
- Try a typical Dutch 'window' snack
- Wander the vast Albert Cuyp street market
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Saved to wishlist!
Private guide with commentary in your preferred language
Port pick-up and drop-off
Typical Dutch snack or a drink
One-way tram ride
Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
Food and drinks, unless specified
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Passenger terminal amsterdam, Piet Heinkade, 1019 BR Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Amsterdam River Cruise Port, De Ruijterkade, 1011 Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Tour operates in all weather conditions
- Good walking shoes recommended
- Tour can be operated in English, French, German, Spanish or Italian; please advise your preferred tour language at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY HTG Services
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the social distancing policy during Amsterdam Shore Excursion: Private City Highlights Walking Tour?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Amsterdam Shore Excursion: Private City Highlights Walking Tour?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsFood ToursWalking ToursMarketsPorts of Call ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeShore ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingAmsterdamShore Excursions - The HagueFood Tours - The HagueWalking Tours - The HagueMarkets - The HaguePorts of Call Tours - The HagueHistorical Tours - The HagueHalf-day Tours - The HagueShore Excursions - RotterdamFood Tours - RotterdamWalking Tours - RotterdamMarkets - RotterdamPorts of Call Tours - RotterdamHistorical Tours - RotterdamHalf-day Tours - RotterdamShore Excursions - DordrechtFood Tours - DordrechtWalking Tours - DordrechtMarkets - DordrechtPorts of Call Tours - DordrechtHistorical Tours - DordrechtHalf-day Tours - DordrechtCategory
Artis Amsterdam Royal Zoo (Natura Artis Magistra)Dapper Market (Dappermarkt) EYE Film Institute (EYE Filmmuseum)Zuiderkerk (Southern Church)De Gooyer WindmillWaterlooplein MarketAmstel RiverMuseum Willet-HolthuysenPathé Tuschinski TheaterNational Holocaust Memorial (Hollandsche Schouwburg)Xtracold IcebarHermitage AmsterdamMint Tower (Munttoren)National Maritime Museum (Het Scheepvaartmuseum)Dutch Resistance Museum (Amsterdams Verzetsmuseum)Museum of Medieval Torture InstrumentsHomomonumentAmsterdam Cruise PortInner Court & Hall of Knights (Binnenhof & Ridderzaal)Amsterdam Central Station