3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore our promoted experiences
Watch sunset ignite the Rio Grande Valley on a hot air balloon ride from Albuquerque, and see the evening light transform the Sandia Mountains and desert landscape. Enjoy commentary from your pilot throughout the flight, and spot the region’s landmarks as you soar above the rugged terrain; dip low to skim the Rio Grande and capture unforgettable, aerial images of New Mexico’s largest city. Touch back down after a 1-hour flight, then linger over an elegant picnic of sparkling wine and snacks before returning to your launch site.
- One-hour sunset flight from Albuquerque with refreshments
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the Sandia Mountains and admire a colorful sunset over the Rio Grande Valley
- Learn about hot air balloons and New Mexico’s natural history from the expert pilot
- Wrap up the memorable flight with a glass of bubbly and other refreshments after landing
Saved to wishlist!
Scenic hot air balloon flight
Hotel pickup and drop-off (can be requested at an additional fee directly through the tour operator)
Departure & Return
5601 Eagle Rock Ave NE , 5601 Eagle Rock Ave NE, Albuquerque, NM 87113, USAThis activity will end right where it started.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Not recommended for participants with knee problems
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Flights can only be operated with safe winds, clear sky and no rain. In case of unsuitable weather conditions, you will be provided the option to take the tour on an alternative date or be refunded in full.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Rainbow Ryders
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Albuquerque Hot Air Balloon Ride at Sunset?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Albuquerque Hot Air Balloon Ride at Sunset?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Albuquerque Hot Air Balloon Ride at Sunset?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Albuquerque Hot Air Balloon Ride at Sunset?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Fortunately, we were able to rebook for our last morning in ABQ, so we ended up doing a sunrise ride, and we highly recommend it!" See review
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesHot Air Balloon RidesHalf-day ToursAir, Helicopter & Balloon ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesAlbuquerqueUnique Experiences - New MexicoHot Air Balloon Rides - New MexicoHalf-day Tours - New MexicoUnique Experiences - Monument ValleyHot Air Balloon Rides - Monument ValleyHalf-day Tours - Monument ValleyUnique Experiences - Colorado SpringsHot Air Balloon Rides - Colorado SpringsHalf-day Tours - Colorado SpringsCategory