Latourell Falls Tours and Activities
Of the many waterfalls along the Columbia River Gorge, Latourell Falls is closest to Portland – which means it attracts plenty of visitors.
Most of the waterfalls in the Gorge have at least two levels, but Latourell Falls drops straight from its highest point to the bottom in one fall. Height estimates vary, but it's somewhere between 224-249 feet tall depending on what you read. The creek that makes up the waterfall, Latourell Creek, isn't very large, so in the dry summer months the waterfall can sometimes decrease to a trickle. In the winter, however, it's quite impressive.
Latourell Falls are named for a former postmaster general of nearby Rooster Rock in the late 1880s, Joseph Latourell, and are within the Guy W. Talbot State Park. The bottom of the falls is easily accessible – there's a parking lot nearby – and there's a two-mile trail to reach the top of the falls.
Tours and Activities to Experience Latourell Falls
Frequently Asked Questions
- Portland Sightseeing Tour Including Columbia Gorge Waterfalls
- Columbia River Gorge Waterfalls Tour from Portland
- Afternoon Half-Day Multnomah Falls and Columbia River Gorge Waterfalls Tour from Portland
- Half-Day Columbia River Gorge and Waterfall Hiking Tour
- Things to do in Oregon
- Things to do in Seattle
- Things to do in Vancouver
- Things to do in Vancouver Island
- Things to do in Napa & Sonoma
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in San Francisco
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Washington
- Things to do in British Columbia
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Utah