Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM) Tours
Read MoreShow Less
For more than 150 years, Brooklyn Academy of Music—known as BAM—has been showcasing the best of avant garde film, dance, theater, and dramatic arts. Drawing more than half a million annual visitors, BAM’s three Brooklyn venues host more than 200 annual performances.
BAM sees a busy schedule of live performances and events. The Peter Jay Sharp Building in Fort Greene serves as BAM’s home base. There you can attend a show at the 2,000-seat Howard Gilman Opera House, watch a movie at the Rose Cinemas playhouse, or grab a drink at the BAM Cafe, which also hosts regular free live music performances.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Most live performances and cinema screenings are ticketed, and prices vary. Advance booking is recommended.
- The BAM Cafe serves pre-show food and snacks, as well as a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
- All of the venues are wheelchair accessible.
How to Get There
Brooklyn Academy of Music has three venues. The main stage is the Peter Jay Sharp Building on Lafayette Avenue. There is also the BAM Fisher venue next door and BAM Strong venue, just a few blocks away. All locations are near to the 2, 3, 4, 5 at Nevins Street, the G at Fulton Street, the A, C at Lafayette Avenue, and the 2, 3, 4, 5, B, D, N, R, Q, W at Atlantic Ave-Barclays Center subway stations.
When to Get There
Events take place daily at the Brooklyn Academy of Music, with most film screenings, exhibitions, and performances held in the evening. Check out the event calendars for more details, and look for annual events such as the Next Wave Festival (Oct-Dec) and the African Dance Festival in spring.
Brooklyn’s Fort Greene Neighborhood
The Brooklyn Academy of Music is in Fort Greene, a neighborhood that's worth exploring. The Brooklyn Cultural District—centered around BAM—is at its heart, but additional highlights include Fort Greene Park, and the beautiful brownstone buildings along South Oxford Street. Art lovers can also visit BRIC Arts Media House and the Museum of Contemporary African Diasporan Arts, and there is a large selection of independent boutiques, art galleries, bars, restaurants, and cafes dotted around the neighborhood.
Address: 30 Lafayette Avenue, Brooklyn, New York 11217, USA
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM)
No results found!
Things to do near Brooklyn
- Things to do in New York
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Newark
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in New Haven
- Things to do in Philadelphia
- Things to do in Amboseli National Park
- Things to do in Baltimore
- Things to do in Boston
- Things to do in Salem
- Things to do in Washington DC
- Things to do in Buffalo
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in New Jersey
- Things to do in Connecticut